So is MachineKit just an interesting exercise for the College or University
> level? To show CNC can be done with a 1GHz 32 bit ARM?  That the real
> solution is LinuxCNC on a 1GHz PC (or faster) with an external controller
> that can be set up with the Stepping Configuration program?

I don't know why people like to use these 1GHz ARM boards for machine
controllers.
I use them for projects that run on batteries but if you have AC mains
power available
go with a bigger computer.

You can stay with Machine kit but I just don't see why so many people like
the low
powered ARM boards.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California