On 10/09/2017 03:02 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
On 10/09/2017 03:58 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
Yes, I think it is very important to have any potentially dangerous moment
initiated by hardware controls.
That is the approach I am taking with my hazzy interface. I don't even
feel
comfortable with keyboard jogging.

Cheers,
-Kurt

The latency from my BlueTooth KeyBoard to the Beagle USB BlueTooth Receiver to the Beagle to MachineKit for simple jog 0.01 distance is abysmal. Tap tap tap. Maye it moves one time? I guess I should pull the Bluetooth out
of the mix and see how well it works.

I don't know about machinekit, but in linuxcnc incremental jogs are safer than continuous jogs in high latency situations like these.

I don't know about machinekit but in linuxcnc it is possible to incrementally jog way ahead of the machine. I always jog with the mouse and shifting polarity of the jog will cancel the motion and go the other way. Just happened to stumble on this behavior. Serendipity is good
stuff. ;-)

Dave