I have a lot of users on my CNC router now and, predictably, they keep chewing into the spoilboard.

I had some thoughts about what if:

Every time you hit Start, before it starts the spindle or actually runs any line of the user G-code, it jogs over to a tool height sensor (THS) and probes for the installed tool height

If you factor in the lowest Z anywhere in the file, vs the difference in currently predefined spoilboard surface and where the THS was mounted, vs where it found the tool tip, means that at some point it goes more than 0.05" into the spoilboard, it just refuses to run.

This can't be in the G-code file.  I don't have control over how people create G-code they bring.

I can't do this as a manually invoked step prior to running. Because if I could rely on users to do the right thing I wouldn't have a problem in the first place.  No, they might press the "do the probe" thing correctly, then change bits and forget to redo it, and run the job too low and gouge.

How would that work?  I have G-code for a wireless toolsetter that uses the probe command.  But I have doubts that'll work.  Is there any access to a variable for "the lowest Z value found when the file was loaded, accounting for the Work Offset=lowest MACHINE Coord Z found in the current G-code"??

Danny