As I replied to Andy, spindle-at-speed is just coming from vfd-at-speed in
custom.hal.
net gs2-at-speed motion.spindle-at-speed <= spindle-vfd.at
<http://spindle-vfd.at/>-speed

I am not using wcomp or near component as suggested in the manual:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spindle.html#_spindle_at_speed

-Tom