In an effort to optimize our lathe for spindle synchronized motion a question
came up. Should a machine sound the same when running a G1 vs G33 at identical
feeds and speeds?

When we spin the spindle at, say, 800 rpm and command a G1 move in Z at 80 ipm
the machine sounds different from a G33 move at those same speeds/feeds.

Perhaps for the motion planner that is two different code paths but regardless
should the two moves sound identical?  G33 waits for index before moves but
once moving is there something going on that would cause it to sound different
than a non-synchronized move?

We are wondering if the difference is sound we are hearing is an indication of
a problem in our spindle or in the way we are tracking spindle speed.

-Tom