All,

I have three machines at the same facility, all basically X/Y tables with an
ultrasonic knife as the tool. In all cases the Z axis is controlled by M64 /
M65 digital outputs. One machine however, has an additional high high air
cylinder. This is on the largest table which is 15' x 30'. The high high is
controlled in logic, such that it will be in the high high position unless
it is in auto mode and run state. The problem occurs when trying to recover
from an error like a broken knife. When doing a run from line, those two
states are satisfied when going to recovery start point. Unfortunately
neither the bed nor the material is dead flat, so often times the knife will
just catch a bit of the material, which will be enough to break the blade.

I am trying to come up with a way to leave the head in the high high
position when doing this initial move.

Note: With the current implementation I can run the exact same gcode files
on all three machine without modification, however can put machine specific
commands in the prologue and epilog code, which are unique to each machine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Eric