Kent, Ohio
BOSs are built in to mil spec plastic shipable cases.
Search yahoo for HDT Global BOS.
orwww.hdtglobal.com/product/balance-of-systems-unit-bos

    On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 10:21:04 PM EDT, Kirk Wallace
<kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

 On 04/18/2018 04:36 PM, Dale Ertley via Emc-users wrote:
>  This might be a nice way to go off grid. I have 2 HDT Balance of System
>(BOS) units with 5 solar panels. Engineer told me I could tie 2 together to
>get 220 v ac out. Outback GTFX2524, FLEXmax 60, and alot more in them. I will
>let them go for my cost. Got at gov auction. No batteries.
> Balance of Systems Unit (BOS)

... snip

Thoughts that come to mind:

Outback products are top drawer

This seems to be a 24 Volt battetry system, my cheapish solar charger
has set battery parameters: flooded LA, Gel LA,  but also a user
selection that can be set for whatever such as LiFePO4 or any other
chemistry if the user knows what they want. I would assume the Outback
has a similar feature but I haven't found it yet. I am collecting
LiFePO4 Headway 38120 cells when good deals come along. AlarmHookUp
seems to be a good source of batteries, but not totally risk free.
> https://www.topratedseller.com/ebay/alarmhookup

(I'm eying these for a TIG welder
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/183036786061)

Shipping would be a very significant cost. What general origin location
would these BOSes ship from? I'm in Kalifornia, Usa.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/