On Thursday 10 May 2018 09:27:57 Bengt Sjölund wrote:

> Why not go for a proper tool?
>
> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/J41-Tapping-chuck-J4124-R8/32434340752
>.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Bengt

3 reasons, first being the price in the middle of the page, and several
of its "tap saving" features would not get along with the theory of
rigid tapping. Only if it could be hooked up to LCNC in such a way that
the first 5 degrees of tap saving slippage could be made to simulate
g33.1 reaching the depth it was told to go, so it would set a stop flag,
but back out of the hole first.  That $350 toy has no place in a cnc
controlled shop, only in an all manual shop might it be usefull.

The 3rd reason is that the one purchase I did make thru aliexpress.com 4
or 5 years back, was not a pleasing purchase. And no way to access a
human to see if an agreement could be reached, as what I bought was not
what I received. The product I got was similar, but was not what I
bought. Diecast or extruded, not machined, timing belt pulley's that had
20 thou of runout? Flanges staked on, and came off almost too easily.
They are not now on the premises, having been recycled long ago. Msgs
sent to the contact address on their web page went into a black hole, no
reply was ever received.