> > > I think its abandonware Jon, the latest version hasn't moved in
> > > about 5 years.
> >
> > Last commit 3 hours ago.
> >
> > https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD
>
> Humm, His old site doesn't note its been moved to github.
>
> What version is it up to now? Ack the git pages it still at 0.17, and
> thats much of a decade old. 7 years ago it was moved I'd guess and it
> was carrying the 0.17 version before then. I dunno.

I guess bougth software is a lot better and features expected is missing but
then it come to 3D CAD price migth be an issue and the most important is there.

I get the feeling improvements have slowed down and basic ideas have stayed the
same for many years. The computers I have today I had for quite many years and
this did not happen then I was younger. Do you think there are a lot of
development for cars? Four wheels, steering wheel, steering wheel in the front,
average fuel consumption have increased, after the second world war Germany
built small cars while USA built large cars but they have converged to some
degree. There some "useful" development left for self driving cars, then they
become good enough it's possible to get drunk and use car to get home without
getting cought by police. 3D printer might be another case.

Nicklas Karlsson