Peter,

I have a separate 24V 2.5amp DIN rail power supply that powers fieldIO and a
small pcb power supply (7805 plus a couple caps) that comes off of it to supply
5v power. I had the jumper in the wrong position for separate powers for field
IO and separate 5v power. I changed that jumper.
I was getting both oranges LEDs lit before and after the change, but could that
have caused a problem?

I checked all the other jumpers on both boards and everything is now correct.
I have a short DB25M to DB25F ribbon cable to bring the 7i76 out to the back of
the cabinet. I disconnected it and connected the 6ft 25pin DB25m to DB25m cable
direct from the 5i25 to the 7i76 but no change in behavior.

I noticed that in pncconf there are no tabs for TB2 or TB3. Also on TB4 there
are no lines for SPINDLE-ENA or SPINDLE-DIR. Is that normal?

I bought the 5i25/7i76 pair directly from you so I assume that it has the
correct firmware???

What else can I do?

Alan