Greetings all;

I seem to have carved, polished whatever, that mt5 to 5c adaptor pretty
much in error, despite my last attempt to reduce the small end of it to
fit the spindle taper, its still at least 10 thou small at the shoulder,
and I am running out of shoulder as I keep pushing it to try making the
big end of the taper actually fit the spindle.

But before I make a last pass to true that up, I am going to put this 38
spcl laser in a TTS holder with a 3/8" collet, in the 3 jaw, and see how
much wobble it has as thats fairly well corrected for the spindle nose
bend now.

Looking at cameras, thinking of putting the camera and a rock64, and
possibly a small tft screen all in a nice compact qctp tool holder, I'm
still trying to figure out how to arrive at an image that:

A: is ND filtered enough so as to not overload the camera, so
        do I put the camera module inline with the beam but with an
        nd-10 in front of it, in which case the camera has nothing to focus on
        or put an nd-10 as a 90 degree mirror, using a 45 degree angle to point
        the reflection at the camera looking across the bed, or
        put a frosted glass so the camera has something to focus on, and an
        nd-10 to keep from overloading the camera, mounted inline.

Then we have the problem of averaging the image over several turns of the
spindle, and finding the centroid of the pattern that results.  Do we
have some (probably python) code to do that?

I'll take this latter question to the python list too.

But camera and filter mounting, I have a piece of nd-10 for a dimming
filter, and if dim enough, it might be possible to use the camera as the
integrator by taking a time exposure, that should work well if the
spindle turns an even integer of turns while the "shutter" is open.

Any thoughts are welcomed at this point before I start carving a mount.