On Sunday 07 October 2018 15:06:28 andy pugh wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 19:55, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > And it wants to do it on both machines I've updated today.
>
> Let it run, it should update the INI / HAL from 1.0 to 1.1 which
> handles changes to spindle pin names.

I did, still had to add the .0. to the halui-spindle stuffs. Tach on TLM
works, doesn't on the G0704. Probably need to fix that signal path, but
not sure how, lots of spindle related stuff in the halmeter doesn't work
on both machines. But at least both will run again. Since the tach is
related to the spindle, it should reference by the same .0. mechanism.
Which may be why the tach on the g0704 isn't working, but if that were
true, why is the tach on TLM still working?

Works wonders, _IF_ the motor power is turned ON. :)

So I'll go hide in the corner while the glue is setting for the power
brushes on the laser extension.

My power slaving on the sheldon is spoiling me. If F2 is released, all
motor power on the Sheldon is turned off, including the VFD. I should
rig something similar on the other 3 machines, but they don't have the
extensive i/o choices the Sheldon has with its 7i90HD as 2&3 of the
other 3 are running on 5i25's & the first one is still bit banging a
parport.  One the job training I think they call that.