Gene,

Maybe what you want to do is subscribe to a 3rd party password manager.
This why storage of passwords does not depend on your browser or your local
computer.   Some people think these outfits are there to steal your
information, but they just don't understand encryption.  There are several
I use Apple's "keychain" and it works across all my devices.   Google has a
similar service that works with their Chrome browser and sync passwords
across Linux, IOS, Andros, Windows and I assume Chromebooks too.   Then
there is 1Password, they are universal and have been around for a while.
 1Passworld, I think offers the best feature set will completely solve the
problem if "what if every device I own burns up" but it costs $3 permonth
The others are free do about the same thing.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California