On 18/02/2019 22:07, John Dammeyer wrote:
Then there is the Far East solutions like the one in this link.
<https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Low-cost-New-Product-3Axis-4Axis_60343603384.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.37.3701292eTmjk5p>

Just testing ... The problem I have with long links is that once thunderbird sees a quote it adds it's own '>' at the start and other clients do as well, so <> wrapper is simply a stupid choice.

Re the actual controller ... just what IS the capability of the unit. How does one connect to it and does it really come with an open end multicore cable for the pendent? On one hand these do look attractive, but much of the 'magic' in gcode is the facilities beyond the simple motion stuff and some indication on what it does support would help? The pictures at the top show two different products anyway.

The brick wall I'm currently hitting with my 3D printer is that the supplied controller does not support table levelling and hard wires the two z axis motors to one driver. Being able to play with levelling left to right other than yanking one leadscrew manually would be nice and I think the MachineKit based controller will do that AND allow setting up profiling the surface afterwards. Something that a 'packaged' solution from China has no provision for unless you replace the whole machine ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL