On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 08:42:12 -0800
"John Dammeyer" <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> There is a way to configure CANopen modules on power up.  The CANopen master
> (or some other node delegated to do this) configures locations in a devices
> object dictionary.   This is all done before the CANopen master changes the
> system from PRE-OPERATIONAL to OPERATIONAL.

Yes I know about it. I am thinkging about how to communicate information in
between configuration files and HAL.

Make available mapping entries as HAL parameters might be an option. Then
parameters may be used to configure device during startup and HAL would add
pins configuration expect should be available. Then I look into my driver code
parameters are read then pins are added so this should be OK.

There is an error if pins are not found but running linuxcnc and scanning for
devices before configuration with pin connnections are done should also be
possible.

Nicklas Karlsson