1982 is a spring chicken for an American nuclear power plant. Three Mile Island
and Fukushima are older, with the walls of lamps, switches and gauges.

    On Sunday, March 10, 2019, 10:18:07 AM MDT, Jon Elson
<el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

 On 03/09/2019 10:43 PM, Gregg Eshelman via Emc-users wrote:
> But such systems have existed for 30+ years. Many types of factories and
> plants use computer screens with graphical schematics and readouts of all the
> critical things. Operators can point and click to open and close valves,
> adjust temperatures, even emergency shutdown the entire system to bring it
> all to a halt.
> But not at any of the old nuclear power plants. Their control rooms look like
> something from 40~50 years ago because they *are* from 40~50 years ago.

Well, no.  I got an extreme, engineer-level tour of the Callaway County nuclear
plant in central Missouri before it
opened, in about 1982.  While it was not as advanced then as
it might be built now, it was NOT a wall of incandescent
indicator bulbs and toggle switches.  There was a horseshoe
console with some of the most critical indicators and
controls, but they had several screens showing "maps" of the
plant systems.

Jon