On Tuesday 12 March 2019 15:08:51 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:08:34 -0400
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] More for PCW

> >> To enable mode 1 or 2 you add this token to the loadrt hm2_pci
> >> line:
> >>
> >> sserial_port_0=1xxx
> >> or
> >> sserial_port_0=2xxx"
> >>
> >> This is in the hostmot2 manual page
> >
> > Not really.
> >
> > Not in a context that mentions analog. What is there writes about
> > gpio modes, but no mention of what "mode" is defined as.
>
> This is in the 7I76 manual, the mode meanings cannot be specified in
> the hostmot2 manual page since its really specific to the sserial
> remote and can mean almost anything depending on the sserial remote

The 7i76 manual mentions the logic thresholds, which for me means I have
to use 12 volts for everything as the true noise margin vanishes for a 5
volt logic rail input in that case.  Not a huge problem, but it could be
if not paying attention to such details.  One thing that is missing, is
that the 12 volt field power is in need to another terminal strip to
enable that 12 volt feed out to home/limit switches and such. Haveing a
common point for this power distribution nearer the edge of the board
would be about as handy as bottled beer. :) Something with about 1 amp
PTC fuses feeding it would be frosting on the cake. But I've no idea
where to put it, the card is about 1/16" deeper than the box as is. But
I'll figure out something. :)

Thanks Peter.

> > So am I to assume, from what I do read there, that
> > sserial_port_0=1111 would make the first 4 inputs analog sensitive?
> > But no matter, its a config error to hm2_pci.
> > But sserial_port_0=1xxx is precisely right. Now I see 4 analog
> > inputs. There is no way I could derive that from the man page text.
>
> Thats true, you need to look at the manual page in conjunction with
> the 7I76 manual.
>
> > We'll experiment. Thank you.
> >
> > first thing of note is:
> > task: 89749 cycles, min=0.000054, max=0.093368, avg=0.006010, 3
> > latency excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.005000s)
> > But the servo-thread time is set to 1 millisecond, so where is it
> > getting the "expected .005"?
>
> This is not related to real time at all, just tasks polling time
> of motion

That was the first time I ran it in that mode, its now a lot better
behaved.