Greetings all;

I am still a bit disappointed in how this mister works, taking too much
air, and using too much fluid. I have a pressure regulator in front of
the electric air valve, but reducing the pressure makes it slobber
worse.

I just yesterday received a tiny centrifical pump that runs on 12 volts
and am thinking of using it for fluid pressure as opposed to a feed line
from the mister to pressurize the coke bottle. But unless I mount the
pump below the coke bottle, so that once primed it will not drain
totally back and loose its prime, it will not self prime but will need a
pulse of air to the bottle long enough to force a prime. Hanging the
pump to the bottom of the little shelf to support the bottle on the
gantry's left riser should solve that problem. Then it occurs to me that
I could use a pwm module to control the speed of the pump which should
allow me to throttle the fluid usage even without that 16 feet of .027"
bore capillary tube in series with the misters fluid feed.

Has anyone done something similar?

Suitable flywheel diodes assumed of coarse, and an external power driver
for the pump, with its power switched by one on the 4 poles of the same
relay running the air valve.

==========

I finally found the magic combo yesterday to almost make that new no-name
clone of a Haun Yang vfd work. Except for a much needed torque boost at
lower speeds as it isn't hitting the motor with near enough low speed
current. But in thinking about the hack-a-day tool changer, and its 200
millisecond run of the spindle motor to spin the nut on and off, it
sounds like I'll need to leave the speed signal active and gate the
fwd/rev to run the spindle with that quick a response. Should be a fun
project. The thing has a PID in it that is not at all stable below about
an 8k rev request, but I've not played with it yet so see if it can be
stabilized, and I've not found where to setup the torque boost curve. I
left it running at 8k revs requested for about 3 hours, ran the coolant
up about 10C, so thats not going to be a huge problem.

Progress, sorta. :)