On 07/21/2019 06:08 AM, andrew beck wrote:
saw on Youtube what samco(skunkworks)
samco is Sam Sokolik (father and son) They have a massive Kearney & Trecker horizontal mill in their garage.
   (I think his name is chris Radek)
Chris Radek is also known as Timeguy.

I can't help too much with the Mesa stuff, but the way my PPMC devices are set up, there is a set-reset latch in the motion control interface. This is reset (to E-stop condition) by an estop command from the computer, a power fail, breaking the estop chain, or a watchdog timeout. When the watchdog is satisfied and the estop chain is closed, then a computer command to come out of E-stop will be accepted.

LinuxCNC also has a software latch. In the default configs, we set it up so that the F1 key comes out of E-stop and enables the servo drives, but the positioning loop doesn't start until F2 is pushed. This has the disadvantage that it leaves the drives enabled and drifting (if analog input) if there is a following error. One can set it so it doesn't come out of E-stop until F2 is pressed, but that makes the transient a bit heavier when everything happens at once.

Jon