Gene,
This is a lathe I am talking about.   So FWD is relative to the tools then?  My
tools can go in the turret (which is above and to the left of the spindle) in
either direction (forward facing or rear facing).  So these terms don’t define
M3/M4….

Also, this is not a Chinese VFD.  It is an Automation Direct model and I
haven’’t ever had a problem commanding it to do the right thing before.

It is interesting that you say there might be bugs in G96.  We use it all the
time and we do have some other oddities on this machine from time to time that
I am now wondering could be related to that if it is indeed the case…. Anyone
else know of bugs in G96?

Thanks,
-Tom