Hi John, hi Andy!

On 23.03.20 17:13, John Dammeyer wrote:
> In, Vancouver there is
> http://www.dmm-tech.com
>
> Any particular reason why you want 48V?  I use the Bergerda 220VAC units and
> although shipping is expensive the motor/drive components do end up costing
> less than the similar units from dmm-tech.

Andy's link to AutomationTechnologies also brought me to DMM and their
portfolio would look very promising with extremely attractive prices.
But their encoders use a "proprietary serial protocol", which is only
supported by their own drives. So no option, either.

The reason for the 48V system is mainly safety, as it makes the design
so much simpler if you don't have to care about all the HV stuff inside
the machine. Everything else runs off 24V, there is no single wire
running through the machine carrying mains power.

The drive system supports several standard encoder interfaces, but
nothing proprietary. Using the motor manufacturer's drive is not an
option, as all motion components need to be connected to a high speed
serial bus (similar to EtherCAT).

Thanks and best regards,
Philipp