My lathe internally provides 24 V DC for these clutches at about 1.5 Ampere each. Try measuring the voltages in the electric cabinet.

Peter

Am 12.04.2020 um 20:48 schrieb N:
On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 16:09, N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:

There some kind of electrical connection. Anybody have any idea if it is common
to have some kind of clutch for spindle?
Yes. My lathe, for example, has a 2-speed gearbox that contains two
electromagnetic clutches and an electromagnetic brake.
This one is a CNC machine. There is some kind of electrical connection but to
tell what kind of signal is needed is not obvious, maybe with some luck I did
not remove cable in other end.