On 4/19/20 2:35 PM, mar...@r-bechtold.de wrote:
it is impossible to get that old hardware outside of a junkyard.
Even cheap Hardware from resellers are minimum an I5 5gen for 200$ max.

this Machines are working fine with Preempt rt and latency in the range of
1500-24000ns with no modifications

i think drop support for Computer Museum Hardware will free Developer time and
motivate new developer to develop new features and not just tackling weird
hardware problems with hardware you can not buy new to test.

markus

I follow this philosophy. ^^^

Until a couple months ago I had a machine running on Ubuntu 6.06 and whatever LCNC version it was. When the hardware died it got Ver 2.7.something and an 8 year old PC and keeps on going. Just make sure you have a good backup of your latest. If it works use it.

Ed.