On Saturday 25 April 2020 18:26:45 Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:

> So I should set the MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION variables from
> [JOINT_N] and [AXIS_N] up to 25% higher than the same variables in the
> [TRAJ] section of the INI file right?
>
> And from what the pncconf ini says in the comments, the STEPGEN_MAXVEL
> and STEPGEN_MAXACCEL variables should be also 25% higher than
> MAX_VELOCITY and  MAX_ACCELERATION is that correct?

One caveat, if using backlash comp, I believe the margin goes up to 100%.
At those turnaround speeds, steppers have maximum torque, but I'd also
exercise the heck out of it to make sure I wasn't losing a step from
over pushing it.  If that 100% makes it lose a step, then I'd reduce the
maxvel and/or max_accel.  Max_accel first.

> El sáb., 25 abr. 2020 a las 19:07, Peter C. Wallace
> (<p...@mesanet.com>)
>
> escribió:
> > On Sat, 25 Apr 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 17:09:33 -0400
> > > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Help with some sporadic followin errors

> > > Sounds like good advice, but which ini var is considered the
> > > machine speed limits?
> > >
> > > Thanks Peter.
> >
> > The per axis and per joint maxvels
> >

> > Peter Wallace