On Wednesday 10 June 2020 13:18:10 Gary Fiber wrote:

> I saw this the other day on abom79 its called a Sky Hook and is made
> for lifting things like lathe chucks.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCufgAwqhac
>
> Gary Fiber K8IZ

That would nice but I'm not 100% sure my bxa post could handle a 50 lb
chuck 2 feet out of balance.

I have rigged a 400 lb electric to the ceiling to lift the BS-1 clone on
and off the g0704's table though. Twould be nice over at the lathe, but
no access to the ceiling as the garage door moves over the lathe.  A
small 3 sheave rope might be enough if hung from the dexeon bar holding
a 4' led lamp over the bed of the lathe. But its got to be short when
pulled up and the one I have is all of a foot or more at full lift.

 - Louis D. Brandeis