Thanks Guys for the help and insight i will run with this samsung ssd and see how far it gets me.

I wont give up on ssds yet ;-)

linden

On 2020-07-03 9:28 a.m., Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 03 July 2020 12:01:01 Sam Sokolik wrote:

I can't remember ever having an issue with any ssd I have used.  My
laptop which currently has a Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 1TB

Power_On_Hours = 11845

Sam, I didn't think to ask my oldest ssd, but
  9 Power_On_Hours       23372
However:
SMART Error Log not supported
SMART Self-test Log not supported
Device does not support Selective Self Tests/Loggin

So I guess its not going to enlighten me about much else.

OTOH it boots and runs lcnc about 2 or 3x faster than it ever did with
spinning rust on the end of that cable.  Prolonging the life of that old
old dell dimension.

I think all of our linuxcnc installed are on ssd's also.

sam

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 8:24 AM Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com>