On 07/23/2020 12:00 AM, andrew beck wrote:
Yes I'm not worried about servo following error spikes.  But I'm shaking my
whole machine to death.  As the acceleration is instantly on.  In contrast
a friend's okuma can go at 40m/min without shaking.  Which is amazing to
watch.  They are both similar size

Well, do you have encoders on this machine that read back to LinuxCNC? if so, you can graph the velocity of the axes and see if the servo is operating with stable response, or if you have oscillations. You may have the MAX_ACCELERATION parameter in the .ini file set too high.

Jon