On 07/28/2020 04:42 PM, andrew beck wrote:
Just a quick question fellows.  I need to send the config files to Andy.
Now my USB is Copy protected in Linux.  Don't know how it happened but how
to I disable it so I can copy to USB?

Write protect? Some USB memory sticks have a tiny write protect switch on the side. IF the USB stick has a different group/user ID on a Linux file system, then you could use the sudo command to change the owner.

if your user name on the Linux system was "andy", and the usual setup has the group name same as user,
then you would do :

sudo chown andy:andy /media/xxxxx

where xxxxx is the mount point of the USB stick.
You can verify your user name and group with :

ls -al ~

The 3rd column is your group name, 4th column is the user name.

And, of course, you can see what is on a mounted USB stick with :

ls -al /media/xxxxx

Jon