On 7/29/20 9:55 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
On 07/29/2020 01:33 AM, andrew beck wrote:
Hey Jon.  I think it's all and any usbs that are write protected.  I have
tried several different usb sticks.  Like it's a system option.

Ah, in the file /etc/group, you can add users to various groups, to have access to certain things.
I'm not sure what group is responsible for USB access, but maybe plugdev?

I did find this discussion that seems to mention this exact issue :

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/403798/set-removable-media-usb-drive-permissions-to-a-specific-group

Jon

One time I had problems like this, I had set hidden files as visible and it would not let me write to USB sticks. Set the hidden back and the problem went away.

Ed.