Jon,

I wrote a bunch of wizards for my mill and my lathe. I use one coordinate
system for the origin of the main part and a different origin for each each
wizard as it is called so that the wizard works with respect to the/an origin.
It makes the math in the wizard much simpler, especially when you are doing
something like rotating a rectangle.

Alan