Greetings Peter;

How hard would it be to convert the joint.#.free-tp-enable into
move-is-in-progress signal?

Prowling around with a hal-meter, I found this signal is true for the
duration of a keyboard jog, but doesn't react during an gcode move from
the mdi command line, or a keyboard jog after the mdi move.  So its only
a valid signal from lcnc launch to the first non-keyboard move.  It
isn't active while the machine is homeing that axis. And is no longer
active for a keyboard jog after homeing.

What I need is a logic signal from a joint, to use as a full power enable
in a dumb stepper driver. The Toshiba TB6560AHQ/AFG has a 4 step power
level adjustable by 2 of a 7 position dip switch, and the response is
instant, so an "I'm moveing" signal could be used to switch it from 20%
holding power up to full power for the duration of the move, with an
instant back to 20% at the end of the jog. Both the enable and reset
signals muck with the counters and would destroy the lcnc derived "home"
validity since they both re-enable to known positions according to the
data sheet.

I have 4 of the TB6560 based drivers, boards are marked "TX14207",and
could easily remove the dip switch to put those 2 logic inputs under
external controls, in this case one or more of a box of 92oz/in nema 17
motors. Unforch, at full power, they get hot enough to destroy any PLA
plastic in contact with them from cold flow, like these harmonic drives
are 3d printed from. At 20% the heating is only a few degrees for
overnight running at lower speeds.

I don't have a machine that uses that signal for anything. So converting
it to an "I'm moving" signal, a much more usable signal seems desirable
as it would make a bunch of sub $10 drives a lot more usable.

Can this be done?

Thank you Peter.

 - Louis D. Brandeis