> Hello,
>

> I have been using freecad for designing parts, and then milling them on
> a sherline mill, getting the hang of that a little bit.
>

> I have a lathe too, that works with CNC linux, but noticed heard, that
> you can't really  make parts, or g-codes, with it for a lathe.

Also used Freecad a little bit. Suspect rotating a sketch is a good or very
good method to draw parts for a lathe. Do know anything about how CAM, the path
workbench will work a lathe but should be simple to try.

As someone pointed out Fusion 360 might be better but CAD software usually also
tend to be rather expensive.

Regards Nicklas Karlsson