Is this a Chinese drive?  I have seen a lot of strange nomenclature on Chinese drives.

M in a German sense, oftentimes denotes "mana" which is a common.  I have seen M or "mana" used to denote a low voltage common.   So does the M in DCM, stand for "mana"? Perhaps?  Perhaps the drive was designed by a German engineer?

I try to look at the example wiring diagrams as those seems to be fairly consistent even though the nomenclature is often not.

A neutral connection should not be required.

Since you are in the US and likely on a 240 single phase residential service, so you likely just have two hot legs which is 240/250 volts, and those would connect to the drive along with the safety ground.

I would think that your drive manual should have a resistor recommendation for the dump resistor.   Or maybe not?

A dump / braking resistor is only required if you want to stop the motor quickly.

Dave