Le lun. 28 déc. 2020 à 00:27, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 22:23, Jérémie Tarot <silopo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >   I think there is an order of populated PCBs in progress.
> > >

> > Oh really? Please tell me where should I put my money to join the happy
> > few!
>

> I saw it on the gitter.
>
> I thought about a Kickstarter when I had my batch of 50 made. But then
> realised that I didn't know quite enough to support the buyers.

That's why I hopped for one of the masters over there to raise hand because
I surely don't either 😅
Question is, would it be different for a "simple" group buy? I wouldn't
like to be banned from the channel because I somehow brought new users
there. Even worse if all those guys start barking at me because they get
ignored.

(And, yes, I know I wrote most of the docs, that was just me documenting
> what I had learned making mine work)

And you're sincerely thanked for that, too 🙏

I think that the situation is that the STMBL is the dream drive for many
> retrofits,

As well as for all Open Source machine builders, and surely many others as
feature wise it's already a killer with still room for improvement!

but the actual designers have all the drives they will ever need
> for their own use, and were never in it to make a product, or to make
> money.

This I begin to understand but that's such a pity that I hardly can resign
to it.

So the incentive to make the next-stage drive is low. They probably feel
> that they should, and will, but how many projects do you have at that level
> right now?

To many for sure, but this one is a stepping stone on the road to fully
open source machines. Then we'll need encoders, motors and spindles...