Hey Gene,

I would agree - output filters on a VFD would not be a good idea.  I was
thinking of Input Line filters to the VFD.  If I recall, the VFD can send
back noise on the input lines which can be picked up by other stuff, either
power supplies, computers, or I/O points and cause issues.

Something like this:
https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/drives_-a-_soft_starters/ac_variable_frequency_drives_(vfd)/vfd_accessories/roxburgh_3-phase_drive-rated_power_line_emi_-z-_rf_filters/kmf306a

I could be confusing all this with something else, so take that advice with
a grain of salt.

Mark