On Wednesday 10 February 2021 23:09:36 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 02/10/2021 07:08 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > But is the error also in degrees? The halsope is
> > measuriing volts and I have not found anyplace where it
> > states the error is in the same sized unit the rest of
> > that particular servo is using. And, if its degrres I
> > should have tripped a coup le dozen or more times while
> > playing as I'm seeing very short term peaks that are 2x
> > that setting.. Thank you Jon. Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Halscope measures "Units".  It has no idea what they mean.
> Position and following error
> are in "user units", ie. whatever you have defined them with
> in your SCALE parameters in
> the .ini file.  Velocities are in user units/second, except
> encoder deltas are in counts/servo period.
>
> So, looking at PID_ERROR with Halscope, with a scale of
> 200u, and assuming inch units,
> that means one vertical division is 200 uInch, or 0.0002 inch.
>
> The only place Volts really show up is in velocity DAC
> commands, where a properly scaled DAC driver would show the
> same thing as a physical analog scope hooked to the DAC output.
>
> Jon

So, looking at pid.error with a 100mv/div scale, 1 div would be .1
degree? I think my gain is quite a bit higher than that, but I just ran
it from here and that is what the pid.error channel is showing for gain,
100m. Only the leading edge of a g0 mdi move shows more than .1 degree
of error, and slowing the max_accel would probably lower that, currantly
at 1000.. cruizing noise is perhaps +- .20 division worst case.

On a different front both USPS and UPS is runniung on time as I got a 3"
boring head kit with a large selection of indexed 3/4" shank bars from
USPS and half an hour later 2 sets of 19 metric r8's showed up with nice
wooden racks to store them in. All the metallic stuff is sealed in
plastic which I'll leave on until its warmed up so it won't sweat and
rust. So I'm a happier camper, which translates to pulling the post,
reaming the bolt holes a mm bigger and putting it back together square,
which means I will have to break down and buy a cylindrical square.
Starts at 300 usd, good used is 5 or 7&1/2 hundred for new. Ouch!!

Take care and stay well everybody.

 - Louis D. Brandeis