On Wednesday 03 March 2021 03:49:51 andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 03:03, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> >  'PROGRAM_EXTENSION = .gcode 3D Printer
> >
> > Without a second quote.
>
> That does seem spurious.
>
> They all have it, but the problem is a missing closing quote.
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/docs/src/config/ini-c
>onfig.txt#L482
>
> > Do we actually have such a gcode dialect translator?
>
> Not that I know of, it is an example showing an example location (on
> the putative local machine)

I was hoping, with a <big grin>, that I had actually missed it since if
we had such a critter, I could make that single tooth press-on cam on
the GO704, and feed the 3d45 printer with the code to make it. I could
make it 10 thou tight in PETG and it would still fit, but 10 thou tight
in alu?  That's pushing the limits of my ability to calibrate the
leaning tower of Pisa that this G0704 is. Which I likely need to do
anyway as its been quite a while.. ;-(

Better yet, call up HighLand Hdwe in hotlanta and see if they still carry
the 1/2" melamine sheet in sq ft pieces.  Make that puppy on the 6040!
It is very well calibrated for x/y. I just used it to make a couple ER20
wrenches out of 1/2" plate, fit is perfect, first pass.

Doesn't have to be that thick though, 1/8" plate would work.  And I have
that on hand and a mister on the 6040.

And a new 18" caliper to calibrate the G0704 that I didn't have then.

Now I need some warmer weather. Need to open the garage door and do some
house cleaning. Starting with all the stuff I took off the Sheldon while
cnc-ing it, taper kit, all the gears, main screw, rack, apron etc.

 - Louis D. Brandeis