On Thu, 2021-05-20 at 15:12 +0100, andy pugh wrote:
> More on this:
> https://hackaday.com/2021/05/20/freenode-debacle-prompts-staff-exodus-new-network/

I want you all to know the following:

1) There is none communication platform that can beat the good old IRC.
I have my own IRC server, it is online since 2016 but I never
advertised it so it is quite unused. For the LinuxCNC community, I can
set up as many channels as you want, for free and without logins. I
would do this on a voluntary basis, thus without any warranty that
access is available 24/7 but in 5 years it has always been online.

2) To access the server you need to enable SSL, there isn't plain
access, only SSL access.

3) The address of the server is: selroc.systems

4) Please contact me privately if you want to set up channels.

5) If someone can help me setting up services, that is help with
configuring ANOPE, you are welcome and I would appreciate help.

Regards.