On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 10:49 PM Leonardo Marsaglia
<ldmarsag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading and apparently MDF with a skim cut is pretty good to
> distribute the vacuum all around it's surface given its porosity. I think
> I'm gonna try that option first to see how severe is the vacuum loss when
> the cuts are made.

We cover the exposed parts of our spoilboard with plastic sheet or
aluminum foil or whatever, to avoid losing vacuum. But we are only
doing drag-knife cutting on it, not milling. We don't have a strong
enough vacuum pump to do milling. The one time we tried, the part
shifted.

YouTube has lots of videos of vacuum routers and you can see
everything when they show how to replace the spoilboard etc.

Cheers