Just a short addendum.  The 7i92 manual says the outputs are capable of
sourcing 24mA.   Putting a 330 ohm resistor to ground onto pin 1 of the
Probotix BoB will sink 15mA when the 7i92 outputs a high level so it's within
spec.  When the 7i92 goes inactive which it seems to do when LinuxCNC shuts
down the resistor pulls the output low.  Since Pin1 is my system enable the
Probotix BoB now sees it as low and drives a logic low out to the Bergerda
Servo Enable and the motor now stops.  As it should when Linux stops.

I could probably use a 510 Ohm resistor and cut that back to less than 10mA.

Still prefer a Charge Pump but this little Probotix board
https://www.probotix.com/BREAKOUT-BOARDS/PBX-RF
was always meant for simple stepper based CNC routers so it's not surprising
that they wouldn't have dealt with this issue.

Just something to be aware of when building up a system.
John