On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 07:47 -0400, Mark Wendt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 6:51 AM Valerio Bellizzomi <
> vale...@selnet.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I think this CoC leaves a lot to be desired. But can I suggest a
> > very
> > good one, one which I adopted in my own organization?
> >
> > https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/
> >

> > Regards.
> >

> My only question is why in the heck is this even necessary?  We're
> all in
> this because we share the common bonds of machining, LinuxCNC, and
> other
> related things that go along with.
>
> The last thing I expect to see on a technical mailing list is to have
> someone's sexual preferences shoved down my throat.  I don't really
> care
> what two consenting adults do in their own home, but what exactly in
> the
> world do a person's sexual preferences have to do with LinuxCNC and
> machining?  The metal and machines don't care one way or another.
>
> How about we  just adopt the Golden Rule - do unto others as you
> would have
> them do unto you. That seems to have worked well for many thousands
> of
> years.  Leave the sexual preference bullcrap somewhere else where
> people
> wish to discuss that kind of thing.
>
> Mark

In my organization, which also involes machining, it is a question of
transparency of project management, statement of compliance with
management standards, and commitment to a positive work place. It is
also a means to resolve controvercies in-house without resorting to
external costly experts.

Regards