Oh and mucking around with the Machinist Toolbox I found I was pretty well on
for the speeds and feeds.

Wrought Aluminium (don't know what alloy I was using)
Surface speed of 65.5 FPM results in 1000 RPM and 5.75 IPM feed rate.  I ran
1000 RPM and 5 IPM.

Cast Aluminium
Surface speed of 65.5 FPM results in 1000 RPM and 5.75 IPM feed rate.

Free Machining Steel is
Surface speed 26.2FPM results in 400 RPM and 1 IPM feed rate.

I ran the tap at 200 RPM into the aluminium.  Not sure what it should be for
steel.  Maybe 100 RPM?