пт, 16 лип. 2021 о 19:14 Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com> пише:

> I need to voice some frustration.  So pardon the OT post
>
> Fanuc is making me pull my hair out.

I also had a kind of disappointment with Fanuc recently.
I was asked to help install an automated clamping fixture to a new machine
with a Fanuc controller. The fixture has a controlled actuator to adjust
for the part depth, and also has an analog pressure sensor. So it's
necessary to pass the part size to the fixture from the CNC program. I was
thinking of a PLC with Modbus output for the stepper actuator and analog
input. But it's kind of impossible to connect any PLC to a Fanuc
controller! They have a proprietary I/O link interface only. OK, we
contacted Fanuc for advice. And their advice was pretty short: contact our
certified services only. So if you ever bought a CNC machine with a Fanuc
controller - you're in slavery. Of course there are solutions but they cost
a lot. And the service costs a lot too.

Another story.
I know an owner of a pretty complicated CNC machine with a Siemens
controller, 20+ years old. The controller was not functional. The guy could
not repair it for a very long time. No service wanted to deal with it! So
he contacted the machine manufacturer. They said no problem, we can supply
a brand new controller cabinet for the machine. Priced at $ 200K... oops!
So he spent a lot of time and money until he found some guy who was able to
repair the controller.

So... beware those brand CNC controllers and interfaces.

Just my 2 cents, anyways.