On Fri, 29 Oct 2021, Ralph Stirling wrote:

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 03:18:40 +0000
From: Ralph Stirling <ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu>
To: "emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Mesa 7i90 as remote sserial

Am I once again trying for something untested?
Is it possible to use a 7i90hd as a high speed
sserial remote (2.5Mb, not the 115kb) with
configurations other than straight gpio?

Thanks,
-- Ralph

The FPGA firmware can be created easily enough but the I/O
needs to be supported by writing code, I think the current
code supports just GPIO and 3 MPG encoders. Also with full
encoders and PWM you would need to use the expanded sserial
interface on the host FPGA (224 bits rather than normal
Sserials 96 bits max) and likely drop some encoder features