I'm running my AC Servo spindle motor as step/dir and can easily tell LCNC to
do 1 RPM.   I also have the quadrature encoder on it so I can do power tapping.
 The drive is through the MESA 7i92H as one of the stepper channels as is the
encoder signals.

Is there a way to tell the spindle to turn until it finds the index and stop so
it's always stopping at the exact same spot?  Like decelerate to 0.5 rev per
second  (30 RPM) or slower and stop when the index happens?  With either an M5
or the button on the user interface?

I currently have acceleration/deceleration set high so it reverses quickly with
power tapping.  Not to mention the ratio from motor to spindle isn't quite 1:1
because I didn't turn the pulleys exactly the same diameter or groove depth.
But on an M5 a deceleration to 30 RPM and then a complete stop on the index
edge.

Thanks
John