So I imagine it is possible to post-process a thermal plastic gear, but at that
point, maybe it’d be better to set up a gear skiving machine to make the flex
rings.  If you can get the cutter and angle a rotary axis with respect to the
spindle, you should be able to do it without much hassle.  Has anyone
considered that route?  Obviously it requires a rotary axis to make a rotary
axis, but it really doesn’t seem any more insurmountable and the results would
probably be much more precise.

Matt