I had some problems today with a small XL timing
pulley slipping on a NEMA17 stepper shaft due to
the set screw loosening after running for long
periods (multiple days).  I drilled and tapped a
second set screw hole, and I can probably apply
some thread locker, but I got to wondering if it
would be possible to make a miniature taper lock
type bushing and pulley to clamp onto a stepper
shaft.  Anybody ever seen anything like that?

The original taper lock system has a split bushing
with an 8 degree taper against the pulley.  They
also have a clever set screw arrangement to tighten
the pieces together and to jack them apart when
removing.  If you haven't used them before, a video
is the best way to understand them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3K_vf_7fhM

I like to 3d print my timing pulley perimeters, but
a metal hub is nice (as has been discussed on here
in the past).  I'm pondering how I could make hybrid
pulleys with a taper locking hub.  Threading the holes
in the plastic pulley wouldn't work so well.  Perhaps
some threaded metal insert can be incorporated from
the back side.

Enough of my musings.  Looking forward to hearing
other ideas and suggestions.

-- Ralph