From: Danny Miller [dan...@austin.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2022 10:27 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Can't compile MODBUS VFD in 2.8.2

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the Walla Walla University email
system.

Nothing to unplug- it's a built-in RS232 DB9.  Nothing enumerates across it.

I'm baffled where to go.  I see there's a port /ttyS0 from the command line.

Launching LinuxCNC from the command line shows text warnings about
Modbus timing out.  It's just not communicating.  I played with the
loadusr command and recompiled the code with /ttyS0 as the new default
if the command line option didn't take somehow.

I'm pretty sure the x200 code and libmodbus are not the prob- something
about config?  I don't know where to look.  I suppose the RS232 port
itself could physically be busted, I could look at it with a logic
anaylzer.  Be nice to see if anything was trying to come out.  I don't
think it could be putting out valid traffic, if it did it I think the
VFD would turn on.

Hmm, it is going through an isolated RS232-MODBUS bridge.  But that and
the cable and VFD are known working.  I put the cable back on the other
machine and it works.

I guess I could install a putty terminal and see if I can send UART
traffic in and out to verify the port is working.

Maybe I could give up on the built-in RS232 and try a USB FTDI to RS232?

Danny