On Thursday, 28 April 2022 11:39:38 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 April 2022 03:55:42 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 at 08:49, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
>
> wrote:
> > > It would be handier than a bottled beer, if there was an m-code I
> > > could hack up to do a setp. Do we have such a critter?
> >
> > The custom M-codes can be any executable.
> >
> > See the collet-closer example here:
> >
> > http://linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gcode/m-code.html#mcode:m100-m19
> > 9
>
> Except LinuxCNC reply's unknown code m111 for mdi "M111" enter. Humm,
> don't recall making executable, maybe thats why?
Set that, but haven't tested it again.

Question? I am capturing the .fb pin of stepgen3 for the B count since
thats the only src I can grab and freeze on the 4th to 5th turn
tansition, and again on the 104 to 105 transition, so I should be getting
an integer value if the home switch was perfect.

Wrong, its waaaaaaaaaaay off, as in over 3 turns for a b360 from a b0.000
if that figure is edited into the stepgens3's SCALE. Divide it by 2,
still gets 1.5 turns for a b360.

How do I wind up being correct with a further *0.75 edited into the .ini
file's stepgen3 SCALE? Specified "angular" and "degree". Somehow thats
not makiing sense to me.

Can anyone make this fit? Possible clue is that I'm counting turns, but
there is 360 degrees in one turn. There's 36000 degrees in 100 turns.
dividing my result then by 36000 should get me 1 degree for the SCALE
value.  I'll redo it, to see if thats also correct or maybe even moreso.

Thank you.

Data to cross check:

Ack the switches on the driver, its doing a /16 microstep. its a 1.2
degree per full step 3 phase motor. the motor is now driveing a 40/1
harmonic drive, and the harmonic drive has a 53 tooth output sprocket,
which is timing belt driving a 60 tooth on the axle turning the chuck
with the home switch on it. And that home switch is whats driving the 100
turn counter.
> > --
> > atp
> > "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> > designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> > lunatics."
> > — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis