On 8/9/22 22:01, andrew beck wrote:
And I'm helping him here in the ground guys.

We want a config to get started.

And gene are you still using these boards?
Never have used that one. AIUI, its considerably newer that the 7i90HD.
People forget that I may be the first to run LinuxCNC, on an rpi. started
with rpi3b's long before the rpi4b.

You mention 7c80, but I've only used the 7i90HD and a trio of 7i42TA's.
That is an spi setup. At very high speeds, 42 megabaud to the mesa card,
replies come back to the pi at 25 megabaud.

And w/o checking, ISTR the 7C80 is an ethernet card. So I'm not in a position
to offer that much help with the 7C80.

As for the rpi4, the stock raspian/raspios, buster install works very well once the kernel has been replaced with a preempt-rt kernel. That kernel is available as a tarball of about 28 megs from my web page in the sig, and installation is pretty simple, all you need is a usb to card adapter. So far, the python in bullseye is too new for linuxcnc and while I see git commits going by, I've not seen a git pull go by that claims that is fixed. Perhaps one of the developers can correct me?